Arthur Yam, DDS
Meet Dr. Yam, Manhattan Implant Restoration Dentist
I chose to go into dentistry because I am able to improve my patients’ lives both physically and emotionally. My passion professionally is working with patients who are embarrassed by their smile or are frustrated with the condition of their teeth. It is so exciting to see the confidence and satisfaction my patients have when their treatment is completed, and it is what makes me look forward to work every morning. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing a positive change in people and being a dentist allows me to reap those rewards every single day.
Education and Experience
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from New York University College of Arts and Sciences in 1998 before beginning my dental education at NYU College of Dentistry. There, I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2004 and received the Dr. Bernard E. Rudner Memorial Award for demonstrating superior performance in providing oral comprehensive care and administering a dental practice. My hospital residency in dental medicine was through Flushing Hospital in 2005, where I also served as an attending dentist until 2010. Since then, I have completed many continuing education programs, including earning a certificate from NYU’s Surgical Implant Program in 2009, Imtec’s Mini Dental Implant Residency, and training through Invisalign® and TruDenta™.
“I practice precision dentistry with expertise in full mouth rehabilitation and all aspects of cosmetic dentistry including Dental Implants with permanent restorations to replace missing teeth, porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, Invisalign, implant supported dentures, partial dentures, flexi dentures and premium custom same day dentures . I am dedicated to helping improve lives by inspiring self confidence through recreating or improving your natural smile, restoring your ability to eat the foods you enjoy, so you can speak and smile with pride. I am a proud graduate of New York University College of Dentistry class of 2004 and I also completed NYU’s two year Surgical Implant Program, a residency in dental medicine at Flushing Hospital, an IMTEC Mini Dental Implant Residency and various other programs including Invisalign certification and TruDenta certification. I continue to stay in the forefront of dental innovation attending conferences and classes regularly to bring new and improved care to Herald Square Dental. We have created a state-of-the-Art, warm and comforting atmosphere and I am proud of our attentive and caring Herald Square Dental team.”
Smile with Confidence!
In the Community
Being active in my community is not only personally rewarding, but it helps to strengthen the area and inspires action in those around us to do good as well. I provide volunteer dental services for Donated Dental Services, participated in dental outreach on the Island of Jamaica, and raised funds for Make-A-Wish by running the NYC Marathon in 2011. I continue to race to help raise awareness and funds for various charitable causes.
Outside the Office
I was born and raised in New York City, growing up in Flushing, Queens and graduating from Stuyvesant High School. I am passionate about being the best person, friend, husband, and father I can be. My wife and I have three wonderful children and much of my free time is spent with them. When I get the chance, I do enjoy reading, snowboarding, scuba diving, and photography, and am a current member of the Joyful Cycles Triathlon team.
Dr. Arthur Yam, DDS Professional Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Graduate of Stuyvesant High School, NYC Class of 1994
- Graduate of NYU College of Dentistry 2004
- 2004 Dr. Bernard E. Rudner Memorial Award for demonstrating superior performance in providing oral comprehensive care and administering a dental practice
- Dental Medicine Residency Flushing Hospital 2005
- NYU College of Dentistry 2 year Surgical Implant Program 2007
- IMTEC Mini Dental Implant Residency 2007
- Attending Dentist Flushing Hospital 2005-2008
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry since 2004
- Member of the New York State Dental Society since 2004
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists 2009
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry since 2012
- Invisalign® certified
- Trudenta certified
- Has appeared as a dental consultant on CW11 Television News
- National Consumer Advisory Board – Americas best Dentists 2016
- Consumer Research Council Of America- America’s Top Dentists 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Pikos Institute: Full-Arch Implant Reconstruction Course 2019 (formerly known as the “All-On-Four Implant Reconstruction Course”)