Sedation Dentistry in NYC
Laughing Gas is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe in.
It has been used as the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years, mostly thanks to how safe it is. During a procedure, the patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% laughing gas.
With sedation dentistry, the patient is able to breathe on their own and remains in control of all bodily functions.
The patient may experience mild amnesia or may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
There are many advantages to using NYC Laughing Gas Sedation Dentistry:
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
You should not utilize Laughing Gas if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Though there are no other major contraindications to using laughing gas, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold or other difficulties with breathing.
You may want to ask your dentist for a “5-minute trial” to see how you feel with this type of sedation method before proceeding.
Relieve your dental anxiety with laughing gas sedation dentistry from Herald Square Dental! Call Herald Square Dental Phone Number (212) 689-0024 to find out more today!