How To Take Care of Your Dentures
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your Herald Square dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Use Denture Cleaning tablets.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- In addition, it’s important to brush the other areas of your mouth. Brush your gums, tongue, and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before inserting your dentures.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.