WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS FOR NYC AREA PATIENTS?
At Herald Square Dental & The Denture Center, our team of professionals understand how patients feel when they are missing one or more teeth from their smile. Adult teeth may be missing due to extraction, disease, large cavities, failed root canals, or even injury. When patients are faced with replacing these teeth, they may feel overwhelmed by the options. This is when our team may suggest the advantages of using dental implants.
Dental implants are the “gold standard” in tooth replacement today. NYC area patients can visit the practice to determine if they are appropriate candidates. A good candidate for a dental implant is an individual who has sufficient bone structure to ensure successful placement. Bone structure is essential as it is what holds the implant in place after the process of osseointegration. Fortunately, patients who do not have enough bone may still be a candidate for dental implants if they undergo procedures to build up the jawbone through bone grafting.
Dental implants are titanium posts that look a lot like a hardware screw. They are incredibly small but are placed into the bone of the jaw during oral surgery. Then, the dentist will restore the implant in a variety of ways. Patients replacing a single tooth may have a dental crown fabricated to fit over the abutment of the implant to look and function as a natural tooth. Dental implants may also be used to anchor a dental bridge or to stabilize full dentures. These versatile restorations play an important role in smile reconstruction.
There are several benefits to dental implants patients should consider when deciding whether or not to have them placed for repair. These include:
• Value – most implants last a lifetime without needing replacement
• Beauty – when used as a single tooth replacement, implants look just like natural teeth
• Function – an implant can restore the function of the smile, including speaking and eating
• Bone restoration – other tooth replacement options may cause bone loss while dental implants stimulate it
• Versatility – dental implants can be used to replace one or more teeth within the smile depending on the needs of the patient
Call our practice today at New York Office Phone Number212-689-0024 to schedule an appointment!
Comments are closed.