Manhattan NYC Move In Guide
Moving anywhere is a challenge, but moving to New York City, can seem overwhelming. It is a whole different world, full of excitement and so many choices. If you do not know your neighbors and are not familiar with the area, you may need to take a moment to decide on your best option. We have put together a few tips to make the transition to your new digs in Manhattan or the outer boroughs a bit easier.
Make Ample Time for Apartment Hunting
You may not find a great apartment quickly. The demand is high and the prices right now are steep. You can look for a reasonably priced sublet or a long-term Air BnB (30 days or more is the legal minimum in NYC) while you search. This gives you time to find an apartment that is affordable and nice instead of overpaying out of desperation.
Rethink How You Live
Unless you have lived in a major metropolitan area in the past, you may have to adjust your daily living habits. Consider shifting how you travel, shop, and go about your daily and weekly tasks.
- Public transportation is amazing in Manhattan. The subway, buses, and taxis are much easier than trying to drive. Walking and biking are also good bets!
- Adjust your grocery shopping by stocking up on staples and making frequent, small trips to the local grocer for fresh items.
- Apartment storage is minimal, so keep only what you need and love. Minimalist décor and multi-use, mix-and-match wardrobe essentials are the New Yorker’s answer to dressing down and dressing up.
- Take advantage of free cultural events in the city parks on the weekends to enjoy as well as to save money. You will be amazed by the many arts and music festivals throughout the year with no cover charge.
- Manhattan is chock-full of ways to save, including fabulous resale and consignment shops. Consider purchasing gently used furniture and clothing; retro is cool these days, so you will be on-trend while staying within your budget.
Use Your Manhattan Apartment as Your Home Base to New York’s Cultural Offerings
While you want to be close to work, keep your personal life in mind as well. Manhattan gives you access to the theater district, sports, the opera, Carnegie Hall, amazing restaurants and bars, the Village, Times Square, and the Arts. If you find an apartment in Manhattan, Brooklyn or our other outer boroughs, you will be able to take advantage of the unique cultural immersion New York City offers. Be sure to spend your first months exploring NYC! Venture outside your immediate neighborhood and find the hidden gems. Living in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx or Staten Island, should not mean always staying within a 10 block radius of your apartment.
Don’t Forget About Self Care
Taking care of yourself is part of enjoying your life in the city. When comparing apartments and exploring the amenities, be sure to check out where doctors, dentists, gyms, and local stores to home and work are located. People who live in NYC and work in Manhattan try to live healthy. We walk a lot and we take care of ourselves, but we are busy people. We have to squeeze our health care into hectic schedules. In the city that never sleeps, Herald Square Dental provides exceptional dental care with flexible hours and a convenient location right in the heart of Manhattan.
Look for Multicultural Services
New York City is a multicultural oasis. If you have moved here from another country or have a multicultural background– New York welcomes everyone! You hear languages from around the globe on every corner. Nowhere is this more evident than when you visit Herald Square Dental. Regular dental checkups and cleanings, cosmetic dental work, replacing missing teeth or loose teeth with dental implants are easy when your dental team has a lab on premises and members who speak English, Spanish, Thai, Polish, Russian, Farsi, Bulgarian, Latvian, Albanian, and Romanian!
Herald Square Cosmetic Dental Welcomes New Patients
Language is not the only reason new residents to New York City, love our midtown office. Located just across the street from the Macy’s Flagship store, just around the corner from Penn Station, and right near the 8th Ave and 6th Ave subway stations, we are easy to find and easy to access. Additionally, we are staffed with warm and caring dental professionals focused on making every aspect of your dental care experience friendly and anxiety-free. Isn’t it nice to know that at least one part of moving to the big city will feel like a small town experience?
- We offer a new patient special – just $89 for a professional cleaning and checkup! Routine care is time effective and cost effective.
- Just a simple phone call and you have a new dentist – easy peasy!
- We have been welcoming New Yorkers with warmth, providing state-of-the art dental care for more than 45 years.
- We hold no judgements about previous dental care and we are known for our gentle touch and gold standard dentistry.
- We provide the best routine preventative dental care possible as well as all aspects of general and advanced restorative, cosmetic, removable and orthodontic treatment, based on your goals and your budget. We work with our patients to optimize insurance benefits when applicable or to assist with financing as desired through Care Credit.
- Your dental health is our priority and your care is administered in a timely and conscientious manner. Office hours and prompt service meet your busy lifestyle.
- Our office features the latest technologies for your optimal care, relaxation, your comfort and safety.
- We are dedicated to providing the best treatment available for the most reasonable fees possible.
Comments are closed.